the screen shot below doesn’t look like much, but it’s progress!
i’ve figured out how to get an off-canvas image to canvas by clicking on it.
i’ve also figured out how to create a new line of text when the text string length exceeds the width of the canvas.
still lots to do, like figuring out:
- how to only render text to canvas one time—currently, you can select text as many times as you want and the new text just appears on top of the old
- how to get text spacing right—will there only be a top line and/or a bottom line? a way to adjust text size?
- styling the photos in a grid under the canvas and incorporating captions
i haven’t been great at documenting my progress on this project, but here’s the mini update:
- i put together github gists of some of the code i’m testing out. you can check them out here.
- i tried to break down the road blocks into more manageable pieces
- i asked for help with this stuff: