we have another round of user testing in a week, so we spent some time today thinking about the shape of the device. we decided that the spritzers should be angled (instead of lying completely flat or standing completely vertically) to dispense the scent to the user’s nose most effectively.
to start, i just cut up an old box and arranged the spritzers inside. a diagonal piece of cardboard was sufficient to elevate them.
ultimately, the box i started with needed to be larger, with more structural support and a hinged lid. the spritzers needed more height, so diagonal supports with a steeper angle. the junk shelf had everything i needed. this is where i left things: