jared has ~a million links for me to review in response to every 1 question i ask. i ask a lot of questions.
needless to say, we have been filing links away on an imaginary “to read later” list for several weeks now.
i’m starting an actual “to read later” list here, with the hope that i’ll make it back around to some of these:
- MapReduce — the most elegant thing, used in everything from data storage infrastructure to min-vid
- Refacting to Patterns — a book about improving existing code with design patterns
- Refactoring — another refactoring resource
ping— fun networky-y command-line tools
- ØMQ — messaging something something
- Twisted — “uses Deferreds, conceptually interesting”
- Flask — server-side python framework
- Backbone.js docs — described by jared as “revelatory”
- Stephane Ducasse free books
- Jison — a parser generator, with demos
- SICP vids — that’s “Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs”
- SICP, full text
- React-Resizable Grid Layout — see above
- ES6 class syntax — because what even is this syntax?
- ES6 module syntax — see above
- CSS ‘position’ spec — because sometimes it’s good to read the spec
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy — for “Turing complete” and “expressiveness” and other logic things
- HTML5 and expressiveness — something something history of W3C and HTML5 and expressiveness
to be continued…